Saturday, February 15, 2014

Guest-Posting at Mountaintop


 Christianity is almost the only one of the great religions which thoroughly approves of the body—which believes that matter is good, that God Himself once took on a human body, that some kind of body is going to be given to us even in Heaven and is going to be an essential part of our happiness, our beauty, and our energy. Christianity has glorified marriage more than any other religion: and nearly all the greatest love poetry in the world has been produced by Christians. If anyone says that sex, in itself, is bad, Christianity contradicts him at once. 
CS Lewis

And so ends the party. Thanks for putting up with the sap that's been spouting from my keyboard as blood from an open wound this past month- y'all deserve medals for valour. 
So, remember when I wrote that super-corny post about emotional chastity and Disney movies? Yeah, well, guess what? I decided that wasn't cheese-and-crackers enough, and wrote another one about- you guessed it- chastity of the other sort (*tries hard to refrain from laughing evilly*). 
It was written for the lovely Mountaintop blog, though, so it's kind of redeemed itself, right? I love this blog, and you should go check it out right about now! Catholic Blogosphere, unite!

It is neither celibacy nor promiscuity. It applies to every aspect, stage, and area of every life. It is often looked down upon, misunderstood, and everyone has a different opinion on it. But what is it? Chastity. To combine holiness, which is supernatural, with our very natural bodies. Chastity is striving for a healthy body and soul... (READ MORE)


Happy Feast of Saints Agape, Jovita, and Faustus, among others. Love holy.

Grace

PS
Can we have a round of applause/root beer for these hilarious belated valentines? Nerdy valentines are just the best.











4 comments:

  1. Love the post! And those valentines:) The last one though...right in my feels:'|
    God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... the last one. :'( *sniffle* It was my pleasure! God bless you. <3

      Delete
  2. I was going strong until the last one, Grace. *pointedly accusing stares* xD xD "Roses are red, violets are blue, Rose Tyler, I -----" *heart bursts* Anyway. Thank you. I loved this so much. <3 Preach it, girl. (The Wickham one tho. xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *loud sniffle* Does it need saying? :'( Thank you so much (hehe, I'm sending the Wickham one around to all my friends and they have no idea what I'm talking about...)!!

      Delete

Oh, you want to leave a note? Huzzah! I cannot wait. The longer the better, and please be courteous. You are about to make my day. Pax et bonum!

About the Pictures...

I may not be the world's best photographer, but all the photographs on this bloggy are mine unless I tell you otherwise. Please ask before you nab, and credit the pictures back here. Thank you!

Previous Rambles

thanks for reading!

thanks for reading!